6/26/09 Photos of The Day

My Pookie had his own special birthday plans for me. One of our favorite restaurants is Buca De Beppo's. My Pookie made special reservations for us to sit at the kitchen table. This is a special booth that is actually in the kitchen where you get to be in the middle of all the action. What a special birthday :) They let you sample the foods and treat you like royalty. I had no idea that Brian had told them it was my birthday. I am the kind of person that doesn't like a bunch of attention on me in public. I was not happy at first but the way they did it made you feel so special. Everyone in the kitchen stopped to sing happy birthday to you. The cooks were clanging in the kitchen and the lights were flickering on and off and all the wait staff were singing. My Pookie did good :) I will never forget my 40th birthday!

































































2 comments:

sandy said...

One more comment for the day. This is a great series and looks like you had a wonderful birthday. I always love restauant, cooking and so forth, shots. My son is a Sous Chef, although unemployed right now...

Bruce W said...

I really like all the pictures you take and i am proud of you for learning to take photos so well. i especially like the pictures you took with your mom and i with the grandkids and great-grandkids. Thanks for sticking by us when other family members just "STICK US"(if you know what i mean). We love all our family and thanks for letting us spend almost every weekend with Mara and Brannon. Blood might be thicker than water, but these kids are as much our grandkids as any of the others. They are imporatant to us and we hope to share much time with them in the future.We are proud of Ashley, Anthony and Autumn for making themselves apart of our lives and spending time with us. Thanks for believing in us. We look forward to seeing more great pictures soon. LOVE YOU DAD